A blog about "nothing"!

Thursday, July 6, 2017

I'm back...I think?!

Hey everyone, it really is me!  I feel like I've been away forever, but it's only been a few months.  I guess because of everything that has happened over those few months, it just makes it seem like forever. 
 
To say it has been a trying few months would be the understatement of the year.  In that short time I:
 
A) Ended a friendship (or what I thought was a friendship, thus the reason for prior post)
B) Went on a mini vacation
C) The dog had surgery and managed to pull her stitches out--what a fiasco
D) My father-in-law passed away unexpectedly
E) I got a new car
 
All sorts of ups and downs, and it didn't help that B, C and D all happened over the period of a week and a half!  To say I've been on an emotional roller coaster is putting it mildly.  We are doing okay though and getting through it.
 
The past month has been especially trying.  We are in the process of cleaning out my father-in-laws house and we put it up for sale.  We thought we had it sold, but that turned into a fiasco of epic proportions.  In the midst of all of that, we discovered a drain issue that needed attention and I've spent the good part of the last 3 weeks waiting on phone calls as well as for the weather to cooperate so we could get it resolved.  The good news is that it's all taken care of and we can say we had the worlds most expensive hair ball (quite literally what caused the issue!) at $750!  Good help does not come cheap.  However, because I had to be "on call", I've had next to no time to do much of anything fun.  Let me just say that the "NO FUN" period has come to an end, and I plan on enjoying things now! 
 
The new car has been a nice bright spot in all of this emotional upheaval, although getting it involved a ton of running around.  I really wasn't planning on getting a new car this year, but I had concerns about my car and a problem with the transmission, so we were debating on what to do.  My father-in-law had two vehicles, a truck and a car.  My brother-in-law wanted the car, but no one wanted the truck, and as it was two wheel drive in an area that gets a lot of snow, selling it might take a while.  It didn't help that none of us really had any time to deal with all that goes along with selling a vehicle.  After some discussion, my husband and I agreed that it made more sense for us to take possession of the truck and then trade it in along with my car towards something else.  I figured it might take a bit of time to find what I was looking for as I hadn't really been doing much research.  And then I found a really good deal on a brand/model I had been tossing around, so I decided to test drive it.  Next thing I knew, we were negotiating the whole deal, and now it's mine!  
 
No more "mom" car:
 
I've gone back to my signature color, red.  I've had more red cars over the years than any other color and this one just called out to me.  My father-in-law would be thrilled and I can hear him now saying "why didn't you pick a red car?!" LOL  Thanks dad!  I went with a Mazda this time, my husband has a sedan and I love the way it drives, but I wanted something bigger that sat up higher to accommodate my screwed up knee.  I'm just approaching the week mark with it, but I am loving it, I haven't had a car this fun to drive since I sold my Mini. 💓 (which by the way, was also red)
 
The doll blog is still going strong, I've been juggling things around a bit but I've been keeping it going through all of this upheaval.  Not having time to do all of the things I am used to doing has been driving me bananas, so I'm really looking forward to having the time to work on some of this stuff now.  I have some fun things to post here over the next couple of weeks as well.  Don't panic though if you don't see me around for a bit, I'm probably busy finishing the house clean out, and hopefully that means we've sold the house which will definitely be a good thing!  My husband is hoping it's gone by October 1st because he doesn't want to have to worry about raking all of those leaves (it's seriously insane).  Keep your fingers crossed for us!
 
 

2 comments:

dan said...

A lot of bad and good news in a short time...I am sorry for the sad things that happened, but very happy you are back to post.
P.s.
Of course I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Flo said...

Thanks Dan! It will all work out in due time, just a matter of waiting it out.