A blog about "nothing"!

Friday, July 15, 2016

I'm still here...and random stuff!

Hi everyone!  I feel bad that I've been neglecting this blog, but I'll be honest: I didn't have much to write about lately.  I don't think everyone wants to hear about me cleaning my house! 

Let's see, what's new since I wrote...I'd been feeling very horrid since the end of May when I had a horrible realization and thought perhaps it was related to the medication they gave me for my minor heart issue.  I was right...I had gout!!  I actually realized I had gout before I figured out what caused it.  It's not a fun feeling to look at your feet and think "gee, those looks just like my mom's did when she had gout", put 2 and 2 together and come up with 7.  The reason I say that is because I don't eat most of the items that cause it, so I had to do some logical reasoning, and you can imagine how surprised AND annoyed I was to find out that this medication can definitely cause it.  I'm not taking it anymore and with managing my diet, I am thankfully on the mend.  I've never hurt so much in my life before though.  I don't know how people who have regular bouts of it can deal with it.  Hopefully I'm not going to find out.

The doll blog has been keeping me busy, but it's a lot of fun.  I got backed up on things back in March when I initially got sick, so I've been catching up on things.  It's definitely much more "high energy" than this blog, and sometimes I feel bad that this blog gets neglected because of that.  Someday I'll find a happy medium!

I've found a new "guilty pleasure".  Fortunately it is only on Friday for 2 hours but it's a blast.  And I've made a new friend because of it.  I have Twitter to thank for it too, that surprised me.  Last year sometime I started following a woman from Scotland and one of the things she re-tweeted from another user frequently were things from the 80's, sort of a "remember this" kind of thing.  I love stuff like that, so I favorited and retweeted some of them too.  Before too long, I had another follower who shared this love of 80's stuff, a woman from Ireland.  I followed her back and she posted a lot of fun 80's stuff.  What I didn't realize at the time was that she was a DJ for a radio station there.  As I followed her posts, I noticed a post about the station and that I could listen to it online.  I decided to give it a try.  What a fun time!  They have a very social media interactive show, taking online requests, reminiscing about different 80's subjects each week and just having a good time in general.  I'm hoping to make another trip to Ireland one of these days and get together with her, I think that would be so much fun.  Now if airfare would just come down in price...

I also managed to do some thrift store shopping the past few months that yielded some fun stuff.  This past week I went to the city, bought 7 items, 5 of which were brand new!  I'm still amazed at the things I can find.  3 of those items were shirts with the price tags still on them, had I paid full price I would have spent $50, instead I paid $14.  I also found a brand new pitcher for my kitchen, I had one but I really wanted a second so that when one is sitting in the sink dirty,  I don't have to hurry up and wash it if I need it!  Lazy, I know, but I couldn't resist.  Also brand new.  I took my husband with me on one of my thrift store runs, stuck him in the men's department and he ended up spending more money than I did!  Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

No gardening this year, and boy am I glad!!  It has been SO hot, the few flowers I did plant are now looking dreadful.  We need rain desperately, it seems like every time we have it in the forecast, it ends up missing us for whatever reason.  It's a shame, up until about two weeks ago they looked great, now they are a mess.  I need to go deadhead most of it, give it a good drink and hope for the best.  What can you do?  Just Mother Nature being a bitch again.

That's about it for now.  I'm not sure when I'll have anything else to write about, but when I do, you'll be the first to know!  I hope you are enjoying your summer (or winter depending on where you live)!

2 comments:

dan said...

I was waiting for a new post from you and, at last, it arrived! Little things of everyday life are perfect to be shared with blogger friends!!
Have a pleasant end of July!

Flo said...

Thanks Dan, so sweet of you to say!