A blog about "nothing"!

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Goble, goble?!?!

One of my favorite websites when I want a good laugh is Cakewrecks.  The website focuses primarily on cakes that have glaring issues--sometimes spelling issues, others with imagery that has problems and a variety of other hilarious screw ups.  I actually had to quit reading it on a regular basis because I would get to laughing so hard, I could hardly breathe.  They do sometimes have some awesome cakes on there too, but the basic idea is a good laugh at cake disasters.  Thus the name.
 
I've seen a few poorly done cakes, but nothing worthy of the website until recently.  My husband and I were at a nearby mall last weekend, minding our own business, when all of a sudden he started laughing.  When I asked him what was so funny, he told me.  I had to go back and check it out for myself.  And of course, I took a picture:
 
 
Wow.  Not only is that one sad looking turkey, but seriously, goble goble?????  Thanksgiving is a HUGE deal in the United States and at an early age we are exposed to Thanksgiving culture, learning about pilgrims, their interactions with the Native Americans and that first dinner of thanks.  And turkeys--they are almost as American at this time of year as apple pie.  Ben Franklin wanted to make it the national bird.  As kids we are all taught that the sound that a turkey makes is "gobble, gobble".   I guess this place that shall remain unnamed, that makes those giant cookies you can use as dessert, doesn't require it's employees to have a basic knowledge of spelling.  Yowsa.
 
Needless to say, this has been a source of much laughter in our house, my husband and I have said "goble, goble!" to each other many times since last weekend.  I can't help but wonder if anyone actually bought the giant cookie! 
 
So, in this week of thanks, from our home to yours:
GOBLE, GOBLE!!!  And Happy Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

dan said...

Being not mother tongue, I would never have been able to understand without your explanation ... so thanks!
If a program can make you laugh into tears ... well, it is worth watching it!!! :-)