A blog about "nothing"!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Photo of the Week, November 17, 2014

I needed a good laugh and when I came across this photo, it definitely fit the bill!  Do you know about Flat Stanley???  If you don't, it's a project based on a children's book, "Flat Stanley" is mailed to different locations around the world and the recipient takes photos of him touring the area and experiencing different things.  I was a host for a Flat Stanley from Texas a few years ago, this particular Stanley got to do a number of things from shopping, touring the local college and learning about city government.  Here he is with a friend of mine, getting a ride in an electric company bucket truck!  I think it's a wonderful way to encourage reading and also learn about geography amongst other things.  Whoever thought of this deserves a huge thumbs up in my opinion.

Very cruddy week for so many reasons here, one of which is snow, lots and lots of snow.  It is coming down as I type and supposed to continue.  Tomorrow is supposed to be bitter cold too.  This is just too early, I'm so not ready.  This isn't supposed to happen until the weekend after Thanksgiving and only then so the deer hunters can track easier.  Blech!!!  Crazy part is it's going to warm up by the end of the week and be typical autumn weather.  I can't keep up anymore. 

No comments: