A blog about "nothing"!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A trip to the beach!

Sorry to be missing for a little while, had some things keeping me busy and then we were off to Oak Island, NC for a week.  We had a great time and I actually have a little bit of a tan, that's just about unheard of in May when you live in Western PA!  I thought I would share some pictures of the ocean to get everyone in a good humor :)

Oak Island, NC-beach just off 40th St.





We had gorgeous weather the entire time we were there, only one day had a lot of wind.  We were at the beach just about everyday for a little while.

One day we decided to venture further down the island to the next area known as Caswell Beach.  Very nice area, the beach there is quite a bit deeper than it is in the Oak Island sections.  You also get a better view of the lighthouse.



 



 
We spent a lot of time eating at some really good restaurants in the area.  We were sad to see that the Mexican place we liked so much last year was closed, but we discovered another good one on the mainland, we were able to celebrate Cinco De Mayo properly!  In fact we liked it so much, we ate there three times before we came home.  We also went twice to our favorite place, Island Way.  It is right on the beach and we were lucky enough the second night we went to get a table right by the windows.  I didn't take many pics because the view is somewhat obstructed by the sand dunes but you get the general idea:
 


While we were eating our dinner, a man caught a huge fish off the pier, it had to be at least 4 feet long!  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of that :(  I'm sure he was thrilled to bits, I've never seen anyone catch one that big.

Our last day at the beach I didn't take my camera with me, and wouldn't you know, that was the day the crabs decided to entertain us, digging holes and such.  I did get a couple of pics with my camera phone, but it's not cooperating as far as me getting them transferred.  I did manage to get this one transferred, better than nothing.  It was fun watching them run around and dig holes, they sure can throw that sand!


We also did some thrift store shopping, I will share our "finds" later in the week.

To all of my friends here in the US--HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! 

4 comments:

dan said...

It sounds as a very nice holiday,Flo!As my favourite beaches are those with sand, I love your photos!
P.s.
also in Italy today we celebrate the Mother's day!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Now that's a beach!! Gorgeous, big waves...I can practically hear the surf! It's nice to know that you are an ocean lover too Flo!

Maggie said...

Just discovered your blog. Love your beach pics!

Flo said...

So glad you stopped by Maggie and left a comment. Welcome!