A blog about "nothing"!

Friday, January 3, 2014

What's "New" With You???

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope everyone has recovered from their celebrations and are back in the swing of things.  We are going through a bitter cold snap here in Western Pennsylvania, the temperature as I type this post is a whopping 5F.  We had snow most of yesterday, accumulating several inches.  Snow I can deal with, but I'm not a fan of bitter cold.  I'd better get used to it because we are stuck with it at least until the middle of next week, the high for Tuesday is going to be in the negative temperatures--brrrr!!!!!  I'm still hopeful they have it wrong. 

I am in the thick of a paperwork purge and organization, almost done.  I always feel better when I am done with that, I know it's something that I don't have to deal with for a whole year and I'm organized for doing the annual taxes.  For years it was one of those things I dreaded until I came up with a good system about 5 years ago, and now I have it down to a science. 

I decided I want to learn to do/try at least one new thing in 2014, maybe more than one.  My biggest issue is narrowing it down.  Learn to play guitar, join a gym, learn a new craft technique?  I discussed with a friend learning to knit, it's something we both want to learn how to do, but we also had a good laugh as neither of us needs to learn a new hobby (any of you in to crafts knows how THAT goes).  I know I don't want to join a gym in January, I'm not a patient person when it comes to dealing with throngs of people, so that one is definitely on the back burner.  I guess it's one of those things I'll "know when I see it". 

Stay warm everyone!  Have a great weekend!
"You expect me to go outside to pee in this cold?  Mom, you are so funny!!!"

2 comments:

dan said...

Very bad weather there! But all that snow is probably making a wonderful landscape!
Your intentions for 2014 are good!
P.s.
Funny sentence under your dog's photo, and he do seems to say it!

Gwen said...

I love that photo of Laney!

I need to get into organization mode! I am waiting on taking the tree down first though, then I'll get into that mode starting with the attic. Ack!