A blog about "nothing"!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Patience is a virtue of which I have none!

I'm terrible about getting an idea in my head of something I would like to have and setting all sorts of specifics for that item.  Whenever I would get one of these ideas, my mom would always say "oh no, a white blouse".  Her saying went back to an outfit I bought for which I wanted a white blouse for, but not just any white blouse, it had be a certain style with certain features.  I took my poor husband (then boyfriend) to every store in the area, never finding the blouse I had in my mind.  Sometimes I'm still amazed that he married me after that experience.

I've wanted a bag for about a year that falls in to this category.  I was looking for a speedy/Boston bag, all leather, in either black, brown or british tan in a specific size, with a removable strap.  Nothing I've seen has been what I've been looking for, they have either been synthetic materials, overly decorated with studs or other embellishments, or way out of my price range.  I had just about given up my search when not too long ago I decided to stop at TJ Maxx.  I ALWAYS check out the handbag section there, they have some really nice ones and I've found some great deals.  I wasn't really looking that hard, when I found it--the bag that I had been looking for.  And the best part???  It was on clearance!!!

To make things even better, it was one of my favorite brands, Tignanello.  I've had several of their bags in the past and they are always very well made.  The original price on it was $139, TJMaxx original price was $79.99--marked down to $39!  I've seen bags made from synthetic materials sell for more than that, I couldn't believe that it was so cheap.  I really think that it was one that someone had received as a Christmas gift and returned recently because I frequent TJMaxx and had never seen it at full price, and I would have been more than happy to have paid the $79.99 for it as well.  Even the cashier commented on what a great deal it was.  (she must be a bag lover too!)  Once in a while patience pays off.  
 
The funny part of all of this is that morning I was wishing that I had a shower cap (long story) and as I was standing in line waiting to check out, guess what I spotted hanging there?  A good trip the whole way around.

4 comments:

dan said...

You lucky girl! :-) You had the bag for a very low price and since it is classic in shape and colour , I am sure you will use it for long...

Gwen said...

Good score! I always look at their purses, but never find a good one at a bargain!

Gwen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Don't you love when that happens??!! Happy you found exactly what you were looking for. Enjoy! :)