A blog about "nothing"!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Merry Christmas To Me!

How are your Christmas plans coming along?  My shopping is mostly done, waiting for a few things to arrive so I can wrap them.  I need to concentrate on getting my Christmas cards finished up so I can mail them.  I'm not doing a lot of cooking this year, it seems like when I do, no one eats it anyhow and the hubby and I end up eating it instead.  Neither of us needs it, so I'm limiting what I make to two things.  It does seem a little weird, but our waistline and blood sugar numbers will thank us later.

I have my decorating all done--I don't do a ton of it, but I do have a couple of things that come out every single year.  This year I decided to really go through all of my decorations and weed out the things that we haven't used for a while.  I ended up taking a box full of decorations and ornaments to Goodwill over the weekend, and now I feel very organized.  I usually end up buying a couple of new things each year, this year I did really well and only bought three things.  The first--a Wedgewood ornament that I fell in love with.  I have several of these in the traditional blue, and one in a reddish tone, but I had never seen one in this color scheme before, I just had to have it!
The next item I blame on my friend Gwen--she has had this really neat wire tree that I have been coveting ever since she got it.  A couple weeks ago I got a text from her that she had noticed trees like this at Tuesday Morning where she lives.  I decided to go check at the one nearest us and success!!!  Not too long after that I was in Kmart and came across this cute little bird that I thought would look adorable beside it.  He kind of influenced my idea of decorating the tree with my collection of bird ornaments and glass pine cones/walnuts.

Gwen decorates hers for different seasons and has come up with so many clever ideas, I'm going to have to check out her pictures for more inspiration.
 
While Heather and I were on our girls day out, we stopped by the LLBean store.  We saw lots of nice stuff, but the only thing I bought was this adorable wellie keychain!  I haven't decided if I'm going to actually use it for my keys or not.............
 
Last but not least--a couple of nights ago I ran to TJMaxx to pick up make up remover wipes--yeah, you read that right.  They have the best prices on them, way cheaper than Walmart.  While I was there, I of course had to check out what else they had.  I couldn't believe my luck when I came across these:
Yes Lilly, there is a Santa Claus!  I've been wanting one of these interchangeable watch sets, but we don't have any Lilly Pulitzer stores or outlets near us.  I about fell over when I saw it--they actually had quite a few things, IPad covers, photo albums, etc--I could have gone bananas but I was good, just getting these two items.  I think the watch will be adorable for summer.  And it was only $10! 
 
Back to getting ready for Christmas, but I just had to share :)  Check out Gwen's metal tree decorating ideas at:
 

 
 

2 comments:

dan said...

Your Wedgewood ornament is wonderful Flo ! You seem to have done almost all the Christmas job...I haven't done any decoration yet, but my husband went to the cellar yesterday and took our Christmas tree...

Clotee said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm clotee. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee