A blog about "nothing"!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Wool Overs Nordic Crew Neck Sweater

I didn't do much thrift store shopping in October, in fact, next to nothing.  I bought a red buffalo plaid throw, that's it!  I did do a bit of shopping for some new stuff for a change.  I also tried out a new to me company in the process.

I had never heard of Wool Overs until last year when Muffy over at The Daily Prep purchased some of their sweaters and wrote about her experience.  Based in the UK, they specialize in wool sweaters in all sorts of styles and colors.  I've been curious ever since, and a couple of weeks ago I decided to go for it.  I think the hardest part for me was trying to decide which sweater I liked the best.  I don't have a lot of wool sweaters anymore, the office I worked in was too warm to wear them in, so after some debate, I finally decided to get the Nordic Crew Neck Sweater.  It is very similar in appearance to the ones sold by LL Bean, but a fraction of the price, so I was very excited to see what the quality was like.

My sweater arrived in less than two weeks, not too bad considering their products are shipped from the UK.  I couldn't wait to rip the bag open to check it out and I was not disappointed.  The quality was very good, the color was great--unfortunately I had to wait about a week before it was cool enough for me to wear it.  Overall, it is a typical wool sweater in the itch/scratch department--not horrible, I was able to wear it without anything under, but I think I will prefer it with a turtleneck under it.  Sizing was good, my only complaint is that this sweater only comes as a Unisex size.  As a result curvier women like myself will find that it tends to be a bit snug around the hips, while baggy at the shoulders.  I could have ordered a size larger, but I'm afraid it would have looked really sloppy.  Hopefully if I lose a couple of more pounds it will look better.  I chose the French Navy/Cream color scheme and was thrilled with it, I had read the reviews and noticed that several people who had purchased it in the traditional Navy were critical of the fact that it was so dark, almost black. 



The price was MORE than reasonable for a sweater of this type--with shipping I ended up with a total of just under $43.  A sweater like this is $80 at it's cheapest from LL Bean, and not made of 100% wool anymore.  I lucked out, they were running this sweater on a special for $40 and Muffy had a link to get 10% off a first order, bringing the price down to $36.  Shipping to the US for this item was $6.95--definitely reasonable. 

Would I buy from this company again--more than likely.  I don't need a lot of wool sweaters, so it might be a while, but I can see myself at some point purchasing something else.  Now that I have purchased from them I get regular e-mails telling me what the special deals are, they frequently run free shipping specials or percent discounts.  Many times they run 2fer specials too.  You just have to keep an eye out as they change about once a week.  Another plus--many of their sweaters are machine washable on delicate in cold water.  Not something you find very often.  I also noticed after wearing the sweater for several hours, absolutely no pilling--yay!!  It will be interesting to see how it holds up in the long haul.

1 comment:

dan said...

I happened to purchase clothes online and I find it isn't always easy to choose the right size! On the other hand you can see a huge quantity of shapes and colours...