A blog about "nothing"!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving is next week?!?!?!

I don't know where November went, a few days ago it dawned on me that next week is the last week of the month and Thanksgiving is next Thursday.  What the heck?!  Luckily I have been buying stuff for dinner each time I went to the grocery store, so I'm not totally unprepared, just mentally not there yet.  I need to pick up a couple of things this week and I will be set.  I'm only cooking for 5 of us, not a huge deal, but there are certain things that have to be made--my nephew always tells me that I need to make a lot of mashed potatoes.  For me it's all about the turkey and the pumpkin mousse, my husband likes the stuffing.  My father-in-law is just glad he doesn't have to cook!

Have you ever gone out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner?  I've only done it once, one year there were only going to be three of us, and it seemed kind of silly to cook a huge dinner for three people.  Dinner out was nice, we didn't have to clean up a mess afterwards.  But then panic set in--no leftovers!!!  Before it was over with, my mom and I bought a turkey and cooked it a couple of days later because we both wanted the left over turkey dinner, turkey salad, etc.  Kind of counterproductive, eh?

What do you like best about Thanksgiving dinner? 

1 comment:

dan said...

Happy thanksgiving day, Flo! As I am Italian , of course I don't celebrate it. . .