A blog about "nothing"!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Playing Catch Up

I feel like I'm lagging behind lately, and I hate it.  I'm still kind of run down from that cold/flu crud I had over a month ago, it really hit me hard.  It doesn't help that Mother Nature can't decide what to do with the weather, one day it's warm, the next cold.  We had no fall to speak of, and now it's cold--it even snowed yesterday, yuck!  All that up and down with the temperatures is wreaking havoc with my arthritis, I don't remember the last time I hurt this much, and that's even with my pain medications.  It makes it hard to keep up with things when you can hardly move.  I did manage over the weekend to get our bedroom cleaned from top to bottom, one of those take down the curtains and move the furniture kind of cleanings, so that made me feel a little better.  Look out living room, you're next!

Ebay has gone bananas lately, I've sold a ton of stuff which is terrific!  It doesn't look like it though, my house still has too much stuff LOL.  Someday I'll meet my goal.  I laugh when I think about last year at this time, I thought I would be able to keep this up for about a year--I've got at least another year or two's worth of stuff to sell.  The other thing is the more stuff you sell, the more you look at the other items in your house with an objective eye--"I could really do without that" or "it served it's purpose when I bought it, time to go!"  Unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day.  I did manage to clear out almost an entire set of dishes, just a few bowls left to sell.  We're getting there.

I think all of this selling and cleaning has kind of squelched my urge to shop much--both regular retail and thrift store.  We don't need anything, as long as I go to the grocery store on a regular basis, we are good.  Yesterday I caved though.  For some reason unbeknownst to me at the moment, I felt the need to go in our local Goodwill.  I had been contemplating a day of thrift store hopping, and yesterday was it.  Because I am being much pickier lately I only came out with one thing--but it was so worth it.  I really think it was sending me a telepathic message that lured me in:
A Longaberger tissue basket!!!  I've been wanting one of these for ages, but just couldn't see the ridiculous price for one.  (I'm thinking they were $50 - $60, they are now retired in this size).  $3.99 though and in perfect condition, I can do that.  Longaberger baskets are one of my favorites, but the prices are just more than I can justify.  I have quite a few Longaberger baskets, but I've bought them either from Ebay or from a local rep when she clears out her samples at significantly reduced prices.   It made my whole day to find this--the wood on the top is perfect, not a scratch on it.  I wonder if it was even used, although the bottom has some very minor wear on it.  It was very well cared for if it was used.
 
I stopped at a couple of other thrift stores in the area and didn't see anything I really wanted.  That's okay, Heather and I have a trip planned to go to Pittsburgh for a "Red White and Blue Tour" in a couple of weeks.  So today I'm just going to take it easy, get some more Ebay stuff shipped, catch up on Downton Abbey and (fingers crossed) enjoy the French Onion Soup I have cooking in the crock pot for dinner.  I hope it works, I've never made it that way before--I'll let you know how it turns out. 
 
Hope you are all having a great week.  I'm just wishing that we have no more snow.  At least for a while...............

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am SO right there with you! I put my back out last Thursday and today is the first day I feel normal. Meh. Congrats on the sales and scoring the beautiful tissue basket!!!

dan said...

So sorry to hear your health wasn't good recently, and the weather you are having doesn' t help! I hope you will soon be better!