A blog about "nothing"!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Take: Downton Abbey, S4, E3 (No Spoilers!)

Last week I was lamenting the boring episode--none of that this week.  It was an interesting episode the whole way around, with a very serious plot twist that NO ONE expected.  It makes a car wreck, the Titanic sinking, being gay and death from pre-eclampsia seem like little stuff.   I am curious to see how this plays out in the coming episodes.  I will advise you, if you are trying to avoid any accidental spoilers regarding this episode, avoid most things about Downton for a while, this episode drew more controversy than any episode previously and is being widely talked about in the British press.  You've been warned......

Back to my take:

1.  Jimmy needs to quit showing off.

2.  Mary is getting better at accepting reality.

3.  Poor Tom, such a fish out of water.

4.  I miss O'Brien and Thomas smoking/scheming together.

5.  "Am I the only member of this family who lives in the 20th century?"

6.  Alfred can cook?!?!

7.  If all this keeps up, Carson is going to need a Xanax.

Till next week!!!



No comments: