Last week I was lamenting the boring episode--none of that this week. It was an interesting episode the whole way around, with a very serious plot twist that NO ONE expected. It makes a car wreck, the Titanic sinking, being gay and death from pre-eclampsia seem like little stuff. I am curious to see how this plays out in the coming episodes. I will advise you, if you are trying to avoid any accidental spoilers regarding this episode, avoid most things about Downton for a while, this episode drew more controversy than any episode previously and is being widely talked about in the British press. You've been warned......
Back to my take:
1. Jimmy needs to quit showing off.
2. Mary is getting better at accepting reality.
3. Poor Tom, such a fish out of water.
4. I miss O'Brien and Thomas smoking/scheming together.
5. "Am I the only member of this family who lives in the 20th century?"
6. Alfred can cook?!?!
7. If all this keeps up, Carson is going to need a Xanax.
Till next week!!!