A blog about "nothing"!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Back on the wagon!

Now that I'm home again, I can concentrate on my weight loss plan.  I was doing well until the week of my birthday and it all fell apart.  First it was DQ on my birthday, and dinners out.  Then I got sick and due to changes in my blood sugar because of the illness, I was ravenously hungry for several days.  Add no energy to exercise (or time).  Toss in our wedding anniversary, the trip to Niagara Falls, Sweetest Day and lots and lots of chocolate--yikes!   Fortunately I only gained about 3 pounds back from the 15 I had lost, but it was still annoying.  The good part is that I officially went back to my way of eating yesterday and I really didn't notice being hungry or anything, so maybe it was a case of my body just needing a break.  Timing is everything.  I'm hoping maybe it will jump start me again.  I was at a plateau before that, keeping my fingers crossed that I am back on track again.  This time of year can be difficult for people to lose weight to begin with, particularly in cooler climates where the natural reaction is to eat to build up body fat for winter.  Toss in the holiday season and it can spell disaster for some people.  One of those times of year where I am actually grateful for food allergies!  Still shooting for the spring goal of none of my clothes fitting me right--I already noticed that some of the things are definitely loose, and a few pieces should probably be donated.  Still trying to think positive :)

4 comments:

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

That image is hilarious! I think you'll do great with following your plan now that you can focus more on yourself. And it would be great if your little break was just the plateau breaker you need. Funny, I think I remember a trainer saying that sometimes that is just the thing you need to do. And you are listening to your body, so good for you.

dan said...

It's not easy to loose weight!And it requires time. If you have a plan, you are on the winning way!

Gwen said...

Are you following anything major in your plan? I need to kick start my healthier eating soon. I put it on the back-burner and that's not a good place for it to be with upcoming holidays.

Flo said...

Isn't that a great pic Sue? I thought it was perfect.

Gwen, I am mostly watching my calorie intake. Drinking way less soda and chocolate. I'm using a thing I found on Pinterest that you plug in some info and it tells you the calorie range that you can eat each day. It's based on age, current weight, height and activity level. I try to exercise, but with the bad knee it isn't always possible, I had to find something really low impact.