A blog about "nothing"!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Things you never forget

We all have dates and events in our lives that we never forget.  Some of them personal, some of them universal like 9/11, the death of Princess Diana, the Challenger Space Shuttle Disaster.  One of my "personal" moments is nothing tragic, in fact it's rather goofy.  October 11, 1975 was the date of the first episode of Saturday Night Live, and as I watched, little did I know that I was watching something special.  It is almost 38 years later and the show is still going strong, and has been the starting point for so many truly talented entertainers.  Those first few seasons remain very special to me though, who could forget The Coneheads, Todd & Lisa, Samurai Tailor (or Deli, or whatever John Belushi came up with!),  Cheeberger-cheeberger--the list just goes on and on.  The following clip is one from the very first episode that still cracks me up to this day.  I thought I was alone until one day at work one of my co-workers brought it up.  Enjoy.


1 comment:

dan said...

I don't know that show, but your clip made me laugh.