A blog about "nothing"!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bummed!

Last night I was working on a craft project and I broke one of my favorite tools.  I wanted to cry, not just because I broke it while working on something, but I've had it for a while and not sure I can replace it.  I did some checking this morning and I was right, it is no longer made.  I'm hoping I can find something similar somewhere, I'm even looking on Ebay at this point.  I suppose now that I have your curiosity piqued, I should tell you what it was.........


Yeah, that's right, a tape measure.  But not just any tape measure--a very small/compact tape measure that was perfect for leaving in a purse.  I've probably had it close to 15 years and I have used it tons.  It was a metal one as well, like the big contractor type, but only 1/4 inch wide, so it wasn't heavy or difficult to handle.  I first discovered the usefulness of one this size when I worked in a frame shop, we each had one in our pockets at all times because we constantly were measuring.  They make small ones for sewing, but they aren't stiff and don't have the hook on the end (very handy when measuring furniture pieces when you are all by yourself!).   The hook is what actually broke off, I heard "snap" and then all I heard was the sound of continuous retracting. :(  Wish me luck!!! 

3 comments:

dan said...

It is funny to think how important are certain objects! I once had a little mirror I loved keeping in my purse. I almost never used it but when it broke down...I felt so sad!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I've seen similar ones in the dollar bins (which btw are never actually just $1) at Joann's. I try not to go in there because I end up spending nine million dollars but I know I've seen them before because I almost bought one. It was pink! If I spot one around, I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, do you know you have the word verification enabled? Forgive me if I've already asked you this because I can't remember. But I try to ask people now and then as I find they often don't realize it's enabled.

KK

Flo said...

I enabled it, but thanks for the heads up. I had some spammers trying to get through a whole ago.