A blog about "nothing"!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Yawn..............

It's been a slow week around here.  I've hardly seen the hubby, the new job has him very busy at the moment.  Ebay sales have been almost non-existent this month, but to be expected at this time of year.  The weather has been nice though, I've been enjoying having the windows open now that the worst of the pollen season has passed.  I baked an apple crisp yesterday--yummm!!!  That's probably the most exciting thing I've done all week.  I went to Kohl's and didn't see a thing I wanted bad enough to spend the money and the last few times I've been to the thrift stores, it's been a complete bust.  The last things I bought were two VHS movies for 49 cents each the first weekend of the month.  Wow.  I did buy myself a new iPod Touch, my old one was to the point that it couldn't be updated anymore, so I did make a splurge purchase.  Otherwise, it's been rather dull around here.   

Even Laney is bored, so I think after I scrub the living room area rug, we will go for a ride while it dries.  There is a really nice fruit/veg stand on the other side of the county that I used to frequent when I lived over that way that had the BEST strawberries, so I think I will see what they have.  It's supposed to be a hot weekend, so hoping they might have some other good stuff to eat that doesn't involve actually cooking.  Enjoy the first day of summer tomorrow and have a great weekend! 

"Mom, why are you aiming that iPod at me?"

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

sometimes boring weeks are good. down time means you aren't as stressed! i have a feeling this weekend will include ice cream for me- supposed to be hot and humid up here.

kk

dan said...

Your week doesn't seem too bad... time to relax, to read a good book, to have a walk with your sweet dog ( and your camera in a pocket to take some photos )... my motto is : enjoy the little things to be happy!