A blog about "nothing"!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Beautiful!

I love azaleas in bloom, to me there is nothing prettier, except maybe a lilac since they have the pretty smell to go with them.  At our old house we had a rosebud azalea, really neat because they look like little roses all over the place.  I never had any luck with a regular azalea there, I don't know if it had to do with where we planted it or the soil, but it died after the first year.  :(  So I was very excited to see that we had an azalea bush here.  Unfortunately whoever planted it put it in as an afterthought because it was crowded in between two shrubs and was very cramped.  Last year the hubby got busy and cut out a couple of the bushes and then trimmed the remaining ones including the azalea.  This spring the work paid off, it is thriving and absolutely gorgeous at the moment:

The cleanout project continues, right now I'm working on the living room, ended up with quite a few things for Ebay and a box for the Goodwill.  I'm getting close to the end, so I guess I'd better be thinking about which room to tackle next!  Feels so good to get things out of here that we no longer have use for and find them a new home as well as organize the things we are keeping.  One thing I have noticed is my tastes have changed a lot over the last 10 years and things that I wouldn't have dreamed of getting rid of are so easy to part with now.  Moving forward.......................

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So pretty! My favorites are the peonies and hydrangeas. I could stare at both all day.

KK

dan said...

The azaleas are wonderful. And by the way...I too feel good when can get rid of stuff I don't use anymore!!