A blog about "nothing"!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

What's New With You?

March was definitely an eventful month around here--unfortunately it all involved spending unplanned money!  Hopefully we are past all of that now.  I had posted before about Laney being sick, and at that time I thought we were okay.  Boy was I wrong.  Later that morning she started vomiting again, so I called the vet and they squeezed us in.  Three injections, two prescriptions and $100 later we were on our way back home.  Poor little thing was so sick, we knew something was definitely wrong when she not only refused her food, but then stuck her nose under the edge of the dish and flipped it upside down, throwing kibble everywhere.

She's back up to snuff now, but it was a messy couple of days.  So messy that she desperately needed a bath, and I had every intention of doing just that myself, but I stopped at the pet store to pick her up some treats and decided to look in to their grooming prices.  On Monday she had her first professional grooming appointment, and it was worth every penny to me, she is so soft now and they gave her a haircut.  Doesn't she look pretty?!
 
Once we got her past the worst of it, I did manage to find some time to get out and check out a favorite thrift store about 20 minutes from home.  I found a couple of goodies that had to come home with me--

A cute polo shirt and a pair of jeans--couldn't pass the jeans up, they were all of $1!  They were the same size and brand as a pair I bought in the fall that were too big in spots, but I was able to easily alter.  This pair actually fits better than the ones I bought previously after my alterations :)
These cool beads on a ribbon--yay!  I have been looking for this and having no luck, I saw a really cool use for it on Etsy, so I was very pleased. 
Photo courtesy of Nantucketgirls on Etsy
Now if I can just make mine look this pretty!  I have some fabric to make a liner with that will go really well with it.  The hardest part is going to be deciding which basket from my collection that I want to use for this project. 
 
And last but not least--
Yes, two more of those glasses!!!!  I now have eight.  I really need to wash them all at the same time and decide which ones are the nicest.   One of them has a stain/mark on it that doesn't seem to be coming out.  Funniest part is I just kind of glanced in the glassware aisle and didn't see these until for some reason, I decided to bend down and look on the very bottom shelf.  Meant to be!
 
Have a great weekend everyone! 
 
Enjoy clothing thrift finds?  Check out these two blogs:  A Colourful Canvas  and Refashionista   --two ladies with a great eye for style who have found some wonderful items at thrift stores and kicked it up a notch!
 

4 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh NO! Laney is adorable but I am so sorry she was so sick. My Sadie has had tummy issues forever. And this past summer I started giving her 1/2 of a store brand Pepsid, per vet advice, every morning (in balls of bread). She has been healthier longer than any stretch in her life! And it is the cheapest and easiest solution ever. I have spent tens of thousands on vet bills over the last decade and a pill that costs about a penny seems to be solving our problems. I try to tell every dog owner now that it is sooo worth a try! Store brand Pepsid - costs so little- so easy to find at any drug store- and has changed her life!

KK

Flo said...

I will keep that in mind K--good to know! She isn't a big fan of Pepto Bismol at all, so this might be a good thing to have on hand instead.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

It's so distressing when our four legged loves are ill. Hope she is fully recovered now. I work holistically with animals, and if you are ever interested in book titles etc., just pop me an email. If she has a nervous tummy there are natural ways to help her out.

And can I please, please do a similar handbag? The one you pictured is so cute, and I'd love to do something along that line for the blog.

Sue xo

Flo said...

I would love to see what you come up with Sue, did you check out the link? These ladies also have an Ebay store where they sell "naked" baskets: http://www.ebay.com/sch/nantucketgirls/m.html?item=180725871781&pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item2a1419f4a5&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
I'm a basket lover and I'm always looking for new ways to use them!