A blog about "nothing"!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fun With Fabric!!!

I always swore I would never turn in to my mother when it came to fabric.  She had a stash of unbelievable proportions.  She had good intentions, but a lot of them never came in to being.  When her eyesight became very poor and she had to give up sewing, she ended up giving a lot of it away.  I'm sure it about killed her.

I usually try to have an idea in mind before I buy any piece of fabric.  I will admit that I have a couple of pieces that I bought just because I liked them, but not that much.  I stocked up last year knowing I wouldn't be working after September, figuring I would have plenty to keep me busy.  I really need to get down to it and make a couple of the things I had in mind, but we know how that all goes.  I'll get to it eventually. 

One thing I've been obsessed with is a nice piece of fabric with a London/England theme.  I have an idea for a tote bag, but this is not fabric you can just go to the local JoAnn fabrics and buy.  I guess someone at corporate still holds a grudge from 1776!  After digging around on Etsy one day, I came across a place that had a whole plethora of fun English themed designs.  They were out of Taiwan which made me a little nervous, but they had great feedback, so I figured I would take a chance on it.  I wasn't expecting them for another week to ten days, so you can imagine how surprised I was a little bit ago when I went to get the mail and --TADA!!!

Aren't they fun? The large piece is a half yard which is the piece I wanted for a tote bag.  The other package is 7 fat quarters, all of a London theme in various colors.  Love it!!!  Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it, but I know I'll come up with something.  I just couldn't pass it up ;) 

If you are interested in checking his Etsy shop out:  Billy Cottonshop

I was also surprised by an e-mail I got from Kmart/Sears in regards to my rewards incident--they have credited my account with the $5 worth of points!  AND, they don't expire anytime soon, so I can hang on to them for something I really want to use them for.  They had some bizarre excuse/explanation that didn't wash, but I'm not going to complain, just happy to get my points back!!!  Sometimes it pays to complain. 

No comments: