A blog about "nothing"!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Well Darn It!!

Today while I was getting ready, I decided to wear the lovely new argyle sweater I got right after Christmas.  You can imagine how surprised I was when I discovered a hole in it!  I had washed it right after I brought it home and my husband hung it up, so I hadn't looked at it again until today.  Bummer! 

At first I was really annoyed, but then I had to remind myself what I had said when I initially purchased it.  "If it doesn't fit, I can try out the purse pattern I have been wanting to try."  I've actually bought several sweaters with this intent and it turns out that they have all fit.  Now I have no excuse.

This is the original idea:
http://www.lemonsqueezyhome.com/2010/10/purse-week-kick-off-with-guest-tutorial.html


I measured and there is enough sweater to avoid the hole.  The only issue is that I got some deodorant on it in the process of putting it on before I made the discovery, so I need to figure out a safe way of getting that out without making the hole any worse.  Now I just need to decide what I would like for the lining, and if I'm going to use some handles I already have or purchase ones like in the instructions.  I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Darn it, but a good idea to make a bag instead!