A blog about "nothing"!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Popcorn Tins

You know the ones that come out around the holiday season with three different flavors of popcorn in? They always have such pretty designs on them, they are hard to resist. I never knew what to do with them afterwards though, we probably got rid of several of them. A year ago I got one with a beautiful winter scene on it, I washed it out really well and set it in my craft room. And there it sat......until about two weeks ago. Before Christmas I was in Goodwill paying for my stuff and there was a lady in front of me with two of them. She said that she uses them for sidewalk salt--what a brilliant idea!!!! 

So now we have a very pretty sidewalk salt container that sits in our dining room by our doorway.  No more ugly bags of salt sitting around here!!!

3 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

What a great idea for a re purpose, and very cute indeed
xoxo
SC

Gwen said...

That's a great idea!

I meant to buy the boys some of this for Christmas and forgot. Just as well I suppose.

Anne said...

What a great idea!