A blog about "nothing"!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One Week To Go!

I can't believe it is only a week to Christmas!  How is everyone's shopping, baking and other holiday stuff coming along?  I am done shopping, just waiting on an order to arrive so I can wrap that, I have all of my food shopping done, so now I am concentrating on holiday goodies.  I am making three of my usual favorites--Buckeyes, Peppermint Bark and Microwave Fudge, but I also decided to try something new that I've always wanted to try--Cinnamon Sugar Peanuts.  This is the recipe I used:
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/cinnamon-roasted-almonds/
The recipe calls for almonds, but I used dry roasted unsalted peanuts and they turned out just fine.  I also used Ener-G egg substitute instead of a regular egg since I can't eat eggs, and it didn't affect the recipe at all.  These are so yummy, made my house smell wonderful and so easy to make--I can't believe I waited so long to try this!  Now it is just a matter of making sure we don't eat them all between now and Christmas.

The Peppermint Bark recipe is one I found years ago in a Martha Stewart Living magazine, and it is delicious.  Another super simple recipe that tastes great!
http://www.marthastewart.com/339680/peppermint-bark?czone=holiday/workshop-christmas/quick-and-easy-ideas&center=307034&gallery=856459&slide=854199

Buckeyes are also simple and everyone seems to love them.
Mix one stick butter, 1 cup of peanut butter and 2 1/4 powdered sugar. I found mixing them in a Kitchen Aid mixer is the easiest way to do it as this is a rather stiff dough.  Roll into balls, put in freezer for an hour, dip in melted chocolate of your choice. 

And last but not least, microwave fudge!  So simple and completely addictive--takes all of about 5 minutes.   Mix one can of sweetened condensed milk and one bag (12 oz) of semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.  Stir mixture and add one cup of mini marshmallows, stir until marshmallows are completely melted.  Pour mixture into an 8 x 8 pan that has been buttered or sprayed with Pam.  Refrigerate--enjoy!

I hope these satisfy everyone's sweet tooth! :)


No comments: