A blog about "nothing"!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

"It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"

And I'm not talking Christmas!  We are thick into fall now, only about 6 weeks of it left.  Unfortunately we missed the prettiest part of it in Western Pennsylvania since we were in New Mexico.  And then the hurricane came through and pretty much stripped the leaves that were hangers on off the trees.  So now everyone is busy cleaning up their yards of leaves and getting that last mowing in for the season.  We had several heavy frosts this past week, so we should be done watching grass grow for a while now.  We were also blessed the past few days to get another dose of "Indian Summer" with temperatures in the 60's and 70's, I noticed a couple of people taking advantage of the beautiful weather to get their Christmas lights hung.  We took Laney for her last trip to Jerry's Curb Service for lunch yesterday, she was happy. 

I planted my marigold seeds late, and I wasn't sure I was going to get anything.  All of a sudden they took off, and the one advantage is I've had them late into the season.  One day when I came home I noticed a bunch of insects enjoying them, so I ran in and grabbed the camera. 




 
It had been a while since I'd had any cooperative "models" from the insect world, I'd forgotten how much fun (and what a challenge!) they are to photograph--when they cooperate ;)
 
Another thing I love about this time of year is it is when Lands End starts running their phenomenal sales.  Last year I did really well, this year I didn't need quite so much since I'm not working, but I did order 4 shirts that would normally have been $145 for $37--yay!  My best bargain last year were the Christmas stockings I bought, I had been admiring those for years and 9 days before Christmas they were reduced enough for me to bite--$5.99 each with free monogramming.  And they made it here for Christmas, I was totally impressed!  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they keep running sales right up to Christmas like they did last year, I really want a new pair of corduroy pants, but I'm feeling cheap. 


No comments: