A blog about "nothing"!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Completely Addicted!

I am usually hesitant to jump on the bandwagon with every new social website on the internet--I still don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.  Just not my thing, and really wasn't a good idea with the job I had anyhow.  However, I have to admit to being totally addicted to Pinterest.  A friend of mine casually mentioned it one day and a group of ladies on a bulletin board I'm a regular on kept talking about it.  Of course I had to check it out and see what the fuss was about..............

Here I am, several months later, and completely hooked!  I have to admit that I'm guilty of getting Heather hooked as well.  I think she is actually worse than me.  But truthfully, I have found a lot of very useful things on Pinterest as well.  I've pinned some awesome craft ideas, sewing projects, a bunch of Renaissance fest costumes, and lots of recipes.  I've probably done more with the recipe pins than any other category, and I've only had one true clunker, a crockpot mac-n-cheese recipe that turned out more like wallpaper paste.  My favorites have been a gluten free peach crisp (YUM!) and the worlds best pulled pork recipe that is super simple.  My crock pot hasn't had a work out like this in years.  I even bought a fancy baking dish off QVC with nothing more intended than using it to bake the peach crisp or apple crisp recipe in--eek! 

Yesterday I made a pulled pork taco recipe that I was afraid was going to turn in to another flop, as it was cooking I wasn't wild about the smell, really spicy.  However, once I shredded it, something happened and it was delicious!!  I have a lot of holiday type recipes pinned so I am sure I will be trying those out in the coming weeks.

Another thing I found was a beautiful photograph that led me to an awesome blog that I am totally enjoying--The Daily Prep--a blog written by a woman who epitomizes the preppy lifestyle.  Her accounts are fun to read, and the photography really makes the blog, in particular the black and white photos from her father's collection.  Check it out, there is a link to it on the bottom of the page.


1 comment:

Gwen said...

If I took time to make all the food I have pinned, I think we'd eat for a year! LOL

I've tried some, but not nearly as many as I'd like!