A blog about "nothing"!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back to Normal....whatever that is!

Now that I'm done posting about our trip, I'm able to get back to my usual ramblings about what is going on around here.  We've been trying to get back in to a routine since we came home, easier said than done.  I'm still getting used to being home all the time, and throw in a week of rain/hurricane, a time change and all sorts of other things going on--routine, yeah right!  October was literally a blur, so I'm hoping November will be a bit more normal. 

Last week I was working on some sewing projects for Christmas presents.  I can't say exactly what they are because I never know who might be reading my blog, but I'm happy to report that they are finished :)  Next on my agenda is making my Christmas cards, I think I've decided on a design, now I just need to sit down and actually work on them.  I made a resolution about two years ago not to buy ANY Christmas cards until my papercrafting supplies were significantly reduced--still working on it.  I do have to say that a serious organization spurt last year has really helped me use up a number of the items taking up space, going to try and keep that thought process moving forward!

Had a most awesome shopping day yesterday--yay!  I met my friend Heather for breakfast and my friend Chrisy for lunch and decided to run a bunch of errands in between.  One of the things I really wanted to get was a new pair of clogs.  I killed my Clarks clogs a week ago and was really bummed.  Not that it was a horrible crime, I had owned them for at least 8 years, but it was just the idea of having to actually go and get another pair, they aren't cheap.  But I LOVE Clarks shoes, particularly their clogs, so I just accepted the fact that I was going to have to fork out some money if I wanted another pair.  When I left my job, a group of my co-workers gave me a Visa gift card for a gift--I had used some of it, but still had a balance of $51.16.  I tossed it in my purse just before I left, and boy was I glad.  I found a great pair of clogs at the Clarks outlet for $49.99--whoohoo!!!  It was like it was meant to be.  I then went to get some kitchen items and spent all of $23, they were running a sale, and got some new "unmentionables" for $11.  Met Chrisy for lunch and she handed me an envelope with $29, the item I had ordered from her daughters 31 party wasn't available so I got a refund.  So my little shopping excursion cost me all of $5 out of pocket LOL.  Why couldn't every shopping day be that way?

Decided I haven't posted a recent picture of Laney for a while--here is a shot of her I took towards the end of September.  She is still getting used to me being home every day, but I think she is enjoying not being cooped up all the time.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I bet Laney is glad to have you home!

I need a good shopping day!