A blog about "nothing"!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Avoiding Boredom...........

Friday was my last day at work, I am now officially "semi-retired"!  It was a tough decision but after I made it, more and more things pointed to the fact that I had made the right decision.  So here I am, sitting in my living room on my first day of not working, watching the dog sleep and trying to decide if I am getting a cold or not.  Argh!

I've had a lot of people ask what I am going to do with all of my spare time--yeah right!  First on my list is selling off a bunch of stuff on Ebay, primarily my mom's Barbie collection, but also a bunch of other things.  We were working on downsizing when we moved, there are a lot of things that we kept and after two years of not using them, we realize that we need to purge those as well.  The entire house could stand a thorough cleaning as well as both cars needing serious detailing. 

I also stocked up on a lot of craft projects--basket making supplies, sewing stuff, paper crafting items--I will be busy for quite some time.  I want to make several things for Christmas gifts this year and possibly some stuff to sell online.  I have several scrapbooks that need finished too.  I also downloaded a bunch of books on to my Nook, have a couple that a friend lent me, and a bunch of movies that the plastic hasn't been removed from.  And then there is all that stuff I've pinned on Pinterest, just the food section alone would challenge Julia Child. 

I've had a couple of people who have commented that I'll probably be bored at some point--hardly!  My favorite retort wasn't my own, but from a friend--"not her!  She always has something going on."  Ahhhh, someone who knows me well! 

No comments: