A blog about "nothing"!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Tree for All Seasons!

Remember a while back I posted about a tree I purchased that I called the "champagne" tree? I love this little tree, it is the perfect size for the sideboard we have by our front door in our new house. The first valentine's day after I bought it, I decorated it, but then got busy and didn't do it last year. This year I decided I wanted to again since I had the perfect place for it, but wanted to change it a bit. I bought a string of red lights and I got busy and made a bunch of rosettes:
Photobucket

This is what it looked like finished:
Photobucket

A close up of one of the rosettes:
Photobucket
and a close up of one of the heart ornaments, these were part of a package of red ornaments I bought a couple of years ago at IKEA:
Photobucket

So, Valentine's day came and went, and I left it up, not sure what I wanted to do next. On a trip to Joann's to buy other things, I came across some cute shamrock ornaments and the idea came to me--a St. Patrick's day tree! (smack hand to forehead!) I ran to another craft store to get green lights for it and after I got home, dug in my Christmas decorations to pull out the many ornaments we've purchased on our trips to Ireland. Love it!

Photobucket

A close up of my favorite ornament from our Ireland trips:
Photobucket

I think I'm going to skip doing an Easter tree this year, I don't want to get tired of this tree, but thinking maybe a Halloween tree?

No comments: